Will the Men of Sodom Be Resurrected?
NO: Watchtower, 1952
YES: Watchtower, 1965
NO: Watchtower, 1988
YES: Live Forever, old edition
NO: Live Forever, new edition
YES: Insight, Vol. 1 & 2
*Note: “Watch Tower” and “Watchtower” are used interchangeably by the Society.
A verse often cited by the WTB&TS to explain away these many reversals in doctrine is:
“But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.” –Proverbs 4:18 (NWT)
But, if one is reading a page of Scripture in the dim light of early morning, as the light of day gets brighter, do the words on the page change?
“For, ‘ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS, THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF, BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD [YHWH] ABIDES FOREVER.‘ And this is the word which was preached to you.” –I Peter 1:24, 25 (NASB) [Quoted from Isaiah 40:6-8]
- Make Sure Ministries: Palm Beach County, FL; Bill & Dawne: 360.821.1759
- One-on-One Bible Study by Phone, Betty: 386.747.9662
- South Florida Support Group, Dawne: 360.821.1759
- Email: [email protected] (or see contact form in upper portion of the right sidebar)
- JW Help, Chris & Nicole: 561.704.6108
- Ex-Mormon Christians United for Jesus, Michael & Lynn: 239.565.3224