Wake Up Cookies
…with video below of Marilyn sharing her ministry at the Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention in Pennsylvania in 2008
“This is the one good thing that’s come out of the Watchtower’s Awake! magazine since it started in 1919.” –Marilyn Marsh
- 2 cups rolled oats, old-fashioned
- 3/4 to 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, peanut is good; olive oil works, too
- 1 tsp. vanilla and/or other extract (your web mistress prefers almond extract)
- Can add a bit of fruit liqueur or brandy; can add a bit of fruit liqueur or brandy
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 or more kinds of nuts (pecans, almonds, walnuts, etc.; almonds are good with amaretto)
- Dried fruits, any combination (cherries [good with kiafa], cranberries, raisins, etc.)
Hand mix first five (5) ingredients together. Beat egg and add to mixture. Add nuts and dried fruits in desired quantities. Mix well.
Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 for dark cookie sheet). Grease cookie sheet well or use Silpat liner or parchment paper. For each cookie use 1/4 cup dough, roll into a ball and pat down (thinner for more crispy cookies, thicker for more chewy cookies).
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, but not more than 15. Place cookie sheet on rack and let cool for 10 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack.