Is Jesus a Creation or the Creator?
A central doctrine of Jehovah’s Witnesses is that Jesus is Michael, an archangel, and that He was God’s first creation and His only direct creation, and that Michael created all “other” things. See Colossians 1:15-18 in the New World Translation (NWT); brackets around “other,” used four times, removed in the 2013 revision.
> Now, if you were an angel…merely a creation of Almighty God…
- Would you place your name above every name?See Phil. 2:9; Isa. 45:5, 18, 21, 22; Ps. 83:18; Ex. 3:14, 15.
- Would you allow every knee to bow to you? See Phil. 2:10; Ex. 20:4; Luke 4:8.
- Would your name be the only name by which people can get saved? See Acts 4:12; 16:31; John 4:42.
- Would your last words be, “You will be witnesses of Me…to the ends of the earth?” See Acts 1:8; Acts 5:40, 41; 1 Cor. 2:2.
- Would you say “Trust in God, trust also in Me”? See John 14:1; John 10:30-33.
- Would you say, “Ask Me anything in My name and I will do it.”? Would Christians pray to an angel? See John 14:14; Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:3.
- Would you say “Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father”? See John 14:9; Heb. 1:3.
- Would you say “Honor the Son just as you honor the Father”? See John 5:23; 5:18.
- Would you allow “All God’s angels to worship you”? Would God tell angels to worship another angel? See Heb. 1:6; Rev. 19:10.
- Would your earthly mother (Mary), a faithful follower of God, allow visitors to come to the house, bow down and worship you? See Matt. 2:11.
- Would you direct people to come to you for eternal life? See John 5:39, 40; 3:16, 36; John 10:28.
- Would you identify yourself as the Great “I AM”? See John 8:58; Ex. 3:14; John 8:24.